View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I believe that is what I said. You don't undo 3 years of coaching in a month.

Perhaps Burke was attempting to be competitive while rebuilding the prospects depth, trying to serve two masters, win now and win later. Results are the results, not a good NHL team and not a cupboard full of bluechippers.
Burke made the mistake once already through his own impatience in the Kessel trade, so lets hope he has learned from his mistake.

Burke has delivered the 7th overall in 2008-09, 2nd overall in 2009-10, 9th overall in 2010-11 and currently 5th overall in 2011-12, and those last 3 draft results include 30+ goal and leading scorer Kessel. If Burke could simply undo that one deal those picks would likely even be higher and have more bluechippers and we would have the perfect draft rebuild underway at present. We would be no worse off than now as far as on ice success goes.

"Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Hopefully Burke keeps the pick this year, has learned from his mistakes and continues to build up the prospect pool through drafting and development. While I believe that to be in the best interest of the team going forward, I'm still very nervous that Burke is itching to trade this pick and bring in instant help instead for next year.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote