Thread: Cox: Burke Stay The Course
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
MLG Ghost

vCash: 500
Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Burke does come across as arrogant and does talk down to people from time to time; he has made unwarranted predictions that have come back to bite him. Brian should shut up and do his job! I think we can all agree on that.

That said, life is not a straight line for anyone; things don't always work out, we all make mistakes; we all have 20/20 hindsight. The day Brian signed Mike Komiserek did anyone here think it was a bad signing? It hasn't worked out, to date, as we all hoped it would. I remember when Beauchamin signed with us; Dregger tweeted that the Leafs defense just got alot better. Things don't always work out. Just ask Sather about Wade Redden!

I like Cox's comparison to Sather; the Rangers we not good for years after he went there; now look at them. Sather made mistakes and recovered. The Leafs, the fans, and the GM should settle down and build on what we have; I'd rather have this team than the team that Junior left for Burke. Could have done without Cliff giving Steen and Coliaccovo to St. Louis for free though. (I know I butchered the spelling of Carlo's name)

MLG Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote