View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 12:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Leblanc was good in the round robin, but faded in elimination games, especially against Russia. Gallagher was at his best against Russia, leading the comeback and scoring a goal and two assists.

Depending on how much you value shots vs shooting % (I favor shots quite a lot - IMO shooting % has a close relationship with dumb luck) - Gallagher led TC with 35 shots in 6 games. Leblanc had 17 shots in 7 games.

Most importantly, but most subjectively, by eye, I thought Gallagher was making smart plays all over the ice, whereas I thought Leblanc was making bad decisions in TC's last two games. It seems that may have had something to do with his injury. I'm glad to see him playing a smart game in the pros, but by the WJC alone, I didn't like his instincts.
Leblanc brings a lot more then just shots and it just seemed odd to me that you think Gallagher was "miles better" when Leblanc finished higher in tournament scoring then Gallagher did. Also I thought he played well without the puck despite being shuffled all over the place.

Personally I could see someone said that Gallagher was better then Leblanc, but miles better seems way over the top to me.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote