View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
I just have this absolute disdain for people that go on forums and try to play God themselves. You are not a moderator. If they see fit, I'm sure they will put the kaboosh to it when necessary.

I'm not trying to start anything at all but if people want to discuss, why don't you just "unsubscribe" or just look away and let them post their thoughts? Simple.
Thing is, while I don't personally like the tone of my fellow Habs fan here, NYR fans aren't really discussing in this thread. They are praising McD, which is fine because he's really, really good. But the arguments articulated against Subban (not specifically by you) display a total lack of knowledge about his game. Therefore, it just tells me most NYR fans argue over McD's superiority based on Subban's HF discourse rather than actual level-headed observation.

McD has been in the Habs system for 3 full years, and I'm sure many Habs fans have continued watching him closely (as myself) because how highly Timmins initially advertised him when he got drafted. So basically, I think there are more Habs fans (not all, obviously) who have a far more legit assessment of McD's game than the opposite. Add to that the fact so many people hate Subban in an awkward passionate kind of way, and you have the right ingredients for a discussion that brings a very scarce amount of valid arguing.