View Single Post
Old
02-21-2006, 12:15 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
I wanted Immonen to make the team out of camp this year, but Hartford has been fantastic for him. He is scoring points, playing big minutes and is finding consistency and translating his game to the North American style. Schoenfeld and Co, and I am sure Renney will tell him some things he needs to work on this summer, and seeing how hard Jarkko works, he will and come to camp ready, willing and able.

Now, on another prospect...Jessiman. I know with a 1st round pick it is hard for us fans not to expect results and points right away but I am reserving judgement until the end of this season. I know more knowledgeable minds like Edge have yet to be impressed yet but I am not too concerned...yet. This was a whirlwind year for Hugh between injury, signing with the Rangers, not finding his game early, bouncing back and playing in Hartford. Hugh has played pretty well in his second stint, showing some good attributes and things he needs to work on. I think next year, even in Rangers training camp, will be more telling. He is playing a physical game, winning battles along the boards, is skating better but needs to improve. I think, given a summer dedicated to completely hockey conditioning, and not being able to walk properly and then skating, and regaining his physical strength, should prove beneficial for Hugh and at the end of this year and beginning of next year we should get a better sense of what kind of level his game is at.