Thread: Speculation: #1C no longer a top priority?
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 02:01 PM
slip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Niether of the Philly centers that were traded are the types posters are talking about.

Thats another issue I'm having with this discussion. Posters just keep moving the benchmark of what this mythical #1 is suposed to be. Its starts at Crosby, Malkin, and now we are down to Jeff Carter and Mik Richards. While good players they are hardly on the same level as the players that started the debate. I would also argue we have guys at or that can potentially be at their level already on our roster (Carter and Richards level that is)
You're right, the discussion over a #1 center does get a bit convoluted. Of course we could use a Malkin, who couldn't, but that's not a realistic possibility -- save flipping our picks and some prospects to move up to the 3-6 range grab a solid pick that might become a high-end center. To be honest, I don't even think that the thread title, "Is a #1C a top priority," really captures the crux of the problem, which is that this team could use more skilled bodies down the middle, especially as we look beyond next year and the likely departure of Roy.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote