View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Agent View Post
I didn't contradict myself at all. It is impossible to tell who is the better d-man because Subban had an excellent season last year and McD only played half the year.

I just find it ridiculous that anyone can say subban is so CLEARLY better when it is clear that McD has been better overall THIS season.

So no, not contradiction, in fact, they go hand in hand. But i realize selective reading may have given you the wrong idea.
How exactly am I doing selective reading? I'm basically pointing out the obvious. You said it's ridiculous to argue one is clearly better than the other, then you go on and say one is clearly better than the other.

Nobody is clearly above the other based on both this season and the previous one. The Rangers are lights out this year, so this can be argued in McD's favour he's the best D on one of the League's best team or to his disfavour NYR have a much, much better and deeper D-corps this year, which gives McD some good reliable support.

If we agree that Gorges is Girardi's equivalent this year, albeit not as successful, then you have to realize Subban has to pretty much fill the role of both McDonagh and Del Zotto. It's fine, because it fits well with his all-around upside, but it sure is a ton of workload for such a youngster!

I don't think this debate can go anywhere until we wait and see how it unfolds in the next couple of years.