View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Agent View Post
I don't believe this for one second. People who might watch McD now and then probably won't be impressed, you really have to watch him every game to realize how steady and skilled he is.

He made a pass on the game winning goal last night that was commanding. And this isn't uncommon for him. Kid is not only as steady as they come but he is extremely smart as well and rarely does anything stupid.

I don't care if he was in the system, i highly doubt people are following McD on a regular basis. Maybe stat-watching but for a d-man like McD that means very little and truly shows why so many Habs fans feel the way they do.
But did you yourself actually watched Subban recently? He's often the best player on both teams. He's been dominating for almost two months now. What I'd like to see is him doing this over the course of a full season, which has yet to happen in his very young career. So anybody arguing this aspect I won't oppose to it.

But the upside when he's "on", I don't think many D-men in this League, McD included, can rival with him. Whether or not he's able to translate this consistently into his game as he approaches his prime years, we'll have to see. I agree it's debatable. But that's nowhere near the type of arguing against Subban that I've seen from you or most NYR fans in this thread so far. So it just ends up transpiring as uninformed opinions. And whether you like it or not, the fact McD has been in the Habs organization longer than he's been a Ranger does give some Habs fans a slight edge in terms of comparing both talents.