View Single Post
Old
02-21-2006, 12:34 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I'm not saying that he should not be given a shot. I just don't think the guy will ever end up being a player in the NHL.

And it seems like he's dropping down the depth chart (behind Staal and Sauer arguably behind Baranka). If the Rangers are serious about bringing Rachunek back to compete for a job, Pock drops even further. And they could upgrade via free agency.
Fair enough. However, in the context of next year, I see only Staal as someone who is going to have a better chance than Pock to play in the NHL. Sauer will be too young for Hartford so will probably be sent back to his junior team. I do not thik that Sauers' good play this year is anything like that of Staal who is showing himself to be virtually too good for juniors. Baranka I would like to see but get the feeling that the Rangers brass views him as being more of am '07-08 addittion, rather than next year. Until I see Rachunek here, I am not going to believe it. And do not think that there is much room for him here, IF an UFA is signed and a Rozsival is resigned.
That leaves only Lampman, who I would like to have a shot as well.

On another note, this just further illustrates why I am so much against Rozsival being brought back. I know that he probably will, but so much flexibility is lost by bringing him here. It's almost a scenario where a choice needs to be made of what is better, resigning Rozsival or signging a UFA defenseman. Without Rozsival, there are three spots available. Let's say a UFA signing makes it two. That would leave 2 spots for Staal, Lampman, Pock & Rachunek (if he comes over) to compete for. I would much rather have Staal & one of the other mentioned 3 (IF ready) & one UFA than 1 UFA, 1 Rozsival & 1 Staal.
Like I said, I know that Rozsival will be resigned, but IMO, much like Rucchin, Poti & Rucinsky, there is simply no room for him.