View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Agent View Post
I'm not saying one is CLEARLY better than the other in the overall sense. I'm saying THIS SEASON, McD has been the better d-man.

Maybe you're just misunderstanding rather than choosing to selectively read. Because no, I don't think one is better than the other. But i do think McD has been better THIS YEAR. Which i think most non-biased people would agree.

Maybe Subban has more responsibility, but honestly, I find that hard to believe considering McD logs just as much ice time on a team that is MUCH more competitive.
I don't think this is invalid, but when you look at the leader board for TOI/G, there is one huge discrepancy between Subban and McD: Gorges is #51 while Girardi is #4. I'm not disputing the fact the NYR are having a stellar year but to me, the team's success is not so much because of their so-called #1 anchor but rather the insane amount of quality depth and great coaching. I don't think any team in this League has a better bottom-six. Maybe McD is the one guy that glues everyone together, but I see so many other key contributors on this team that it's hard for me to allow all this merit you guys are so adamantly giving him.