Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Greg Pateryn (two-year contract)
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 03:51 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Putting Tinordi in the NHL at 20 would be the very definition of rushing him. He should spend the year in the AHL to adjust to the pro game.

Quailer from the rumblings I heard wants to turn pro, but I don't know if the Habs are on the same page or not, we'll find out this summer I'm guessing.

As for Kristo here's what can happen,

1. He can sign with us at any time before August 15th 2013.

2. If he opts to go back to North Dakota, then the Habs have until August 15th, 2013 to sign him. If he goes back to ND he can't sign with any other team, but he could refuse to sign with us and after Aug 15th, 2013 he would be a UFA.

3. If he wants to leave ND, but not sign with the Habs, he has till June 1st, 2012 to tell the Habs so he can be a UFA.

Yes Beaulieu will be signed at some point. Quailer/Kristo who knows what either will do. John Westin needs to be signed as well or we lose his rights.

No, once you sign a pro contract you can't play in the NCAA.

Yes, he's a late B-day as the cutoff is Sept 15th for the draft, but as long as you turn 20 before Jan 1st then you can play in the AHL as a CHL draft pick.

He has to notify the Habs before June 1st if he wants to opt out of signing with the Habs and is not returning to the NCAA next year.
So they'll likely have discussions sometime soon then, regarding his future with the Habs. I can't see them not wanting him signed this year regardless what he decides to do. We have so little depth up front. I think they'll use the oppertunity to sign him.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote