Old
03-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
You guys have a real gem on your hands in Etem. Was between the benches last night in Saskatoon and the kid is a freak of nature on the ice. Had the chance to interview him after the game too. He's not as tall as I expected, not much more than 6 feet in fact. But he's thick and strong. Surprising body type for someone as fast as he is.

With all that being said, I do have concerns about him adjusting to the pro game.

As people have mentioned, the VAST majority of his offensive production comes on plays where he is simply bigger, stronger and faster than the 16-18 year old opposition. He's going to need to learn and find new ways to be effective against stiffer competition.

We saw a major lack of production in the WJHC once he faced a better opponent. Some time in the AHL will definitely be needed....maybe even a full season.
I'm cautiously optimistic. I really like his compete level, and it's clear he's got talent. In my opinion, I don't think there is any question that he'll put in the work to adapt his game to the NHL level. The only question is how effective he will be at doing so.