View Single Post
Old
02-21-2006, 02:16 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I might mind..The only way I want Jarko opening up as the 2nd line C is if he wins the job in pre-season but I'm betting that will be hard to do..
Why will it be hard to do? The only way that it will be "hard" is if a UFA is brought in. This is still a rebuilding team. Why rush with the UFA's? By acquiring a UFA to play the 2nd line center, once again the mentality that any veteran import is a better option than what may currently be in the system. That is how we went a decade without any youngster being give an opportunity.
Betts and Moore do a fine job as the # 3 & 4 center and will probably have Helminen as their competition. Jarkko is not meant for such a role. Let's not forget that this is still supposed to be rebuilding. However, we all know that any veteran signed will not allow any would-be rookie to be given a fair chance.
You have Nylander as the top line center. If Immonen fails during camp, you can always slide Straka to fill the 2nd line center role until a trade can be worked out.