Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Greg Pateryn (two-year contract)
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 03:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
So they'll likely have discussions sometime soon then, regarding his future with the Habs. I can't see them not wanting him signed this year regardless what he decides to do. We have so little depth up front. I think they'll use the oppertunity to sign him.
I know that the Habs had Martin at Quailer's final game of the season, but I don't know if they want to sign him or not. With his knee injury perhaps they will wait till the development camp to see how he looks and then sign him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not so sure about that. We'll likely let go quite a few of the expiring contracts.

We can reasonably expect the Habs to no tender an offer to:

30. Masse, Dany (gone for sure IMO)
31. Mitera, Mark (gone for sure IMO)
35. Slaney, Robert (gone for sure IMO)
36. Engqvist, Andreas (gone for sure IMO based on the lack of NHL opportunity/icetime despite AHL success)
37. Bishop, Hunter (gone for sure IMO)
38. Nash, Brendon (No really sure, that injury was really bad for his career. No doubt would have gotten NHL time this year. Might be too low on depth chart now)
39. Geoffrion, Blake (gone for sure IMO based on how he's been a healthy scratch)
43. Nokelainen, Petteri (gone for sure IMO).
I can't see the Habs letting all these RFA's walk. Masse should be back, he's been one of their best players in Hamilton this year until his injury. Nash and Geoffrion should locks to be back.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote