View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 04:49 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Said Mark had hit a wall which happens. I think he felt Mark needed to get to the point that he was dominating every night like Telegin is doing. sounded like at the point of the interview he might have been leaning towards Mark having one more year in Barrie. All that being said it is 5 months until training camp so we will have to see how much Mark physically changes. dale was really complimentary about Mark but said people have to remember it's only his second full season of juniors
Thanks for the info. If I was going to bet, I'd say he could use some more development here and there's no point in burning the first year of his ELC for him to play on the third or fourth line. Having said that, I wouldn't bet much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Thanks for the balanced viewpoint of Telegins speed and acceleration.......Dale compared him to Yvan Cournoyer which seems a bit far fetched
My pleasure, I'm not a scout...but in my view Burmistrov and Hutchings used to be absolutely lethal on the PK - best unit in the league - largely because of how they could chip the puck past the D and be by them for a breakaway or 2 on 0 break because of those first three steps. They had something insane like 14 SHG between them, most of which were odd man breaks. Ivan is wicked fast, but I haven't seen that level of acceleration from him yet.