View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Semin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
The guy I saw wearing #90 last night looked lost. He has been quietly regressing all season, IMO.

Regressing could also be used to accurately descibe the Caps as a whole. We can debate when the regression actually started (after the Montreal series/collapse, or 10 or so games prior to BB's getting the boot), but it seems this team has gotten worse at both ends of the ice in a painfully obvious way. Missing the playoffs will be rock bottom, I hope.
Of course 90 looks lost, hes not a franchise type player. Hes a young and tender player that needs to have a security blanket for the first few years. I thought the Caps had that with players like Backstrom and Laich in front of him. Backie goes down and now hes thrust into becoming a go-to guy. I was hoping like many he would seize this opportunity, and he hasn't, of course. Then again who has seized this season for the Caps? Aside from Ovie going on some 10 goal 10 game tear no one has carried this team, no one has played there role good enough to be where this team absolutely should be. Though injuries to key players are never good and I hate to bring this up but the Penguins did fantastic having the top 2 players in the game out of there line-up.

I was big on Hunter coming in for bruce because it was indeed time for bruce to go, now I'm wondering who can replace hunter for next season that has the drive and motivation to go into a room with a bunch of egos and make them winners and play for each other?

I honestly don't even know what to think. I'm just really disappointed

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote