View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 05:35 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Feeling a rant coming on, but I'll try to be contain most of it. I am tired hearing from the very same folks who were pushing the "fail for Nail" tank movement and getting pissed off if we won now bashing the team since they've finished a convincing 30th. You got what you wanted. If they had finished ANY higher these past two months I swear some posters would have formed a protest. Protest is all the rage ya' know.

It is this same bunch of posters who will be croaking and moaning through the 3-5 year "rebuild" they lobbied so hard to get. Be careful what you wish for. You think we are bad now? Wait...

My evidently naive and optimistic fan nature maintains a hope for a win EVERY time they hit the ice. It is not my nature to encourage a "fail".

My ticket buying loyal seat-sitting self hopes and prays that Nash somehow stays so I can still see him play at Nationwide. If not, I wholeheartedly thank our Captain for his service to this franchise and the pleasure of watching his level of skill represent our city.

I love my team. I love hockey. I'll be there AGAIN, cheering for the CBJ.

(gearing up for attack from the anti-butterfly and puppy crowd...)
I think you miss the subtleties of the situation.

1. No one wants their team to finish 30th on day 1 of the season. At least, no one I know. So, saying that people wished for us to Fail for Nail is somewhat misleading. People wished for us to get the #1 pick once it became abundantly clear that we were not going to attain our real goal--making the playoffs to have a chance at the Stanley Cup.

2. Given #1, no one is happy with the result of this season. Would the pragmatic amongst us have been less happy finishing 29th rather than 30th? Sure. But you are talking a marginal difference. No one wants to see there team lose. Let alone lose enough that they are drafting #1.

3. Personally, my ability to stomach a 3-5 year rebuild is largely determined on who is in management from the top down. If it is the same bunch of losers (president, GM, scouts, etc.), yes, I probably will find it hard to sit quietly and hope that come year 10 the result was different than year 5.

I love my team too. But wanting to make lemonade out of lemons does not make the bitter taste any more palatable as the fifth glass goes down my throat.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote