View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Lombardi made the trade for that pick under the condition that Trevor Lewis would be his pick. They had targeted him, however, I'm not sure if it was under Al Murray's suggestion, whether it was Lombardi's targeted player, or a combination of both. If you watch the video of the pick, it seemed evident as to who the Kings were going to select before it was officially announced.

What I thought I remember reading was that Trevor Lewis was this "sleeper" pick who had risen high on many scouts' lists and that he was someone Philadelphia had heavily scouted, among other organizations. We also know very well how much this organization loves drafting prospects from the US Development program, going back to the Taylor/Murray regime and currently with Lombardi.

I wish the Kings had taken a chance at a high end player as it seemed obvious then that Lewis was a late bloomer who had probably reached the peak of his development curve at the level he was playing at. He didn't advance his game much further after the Kings moved him out of Michigan and to the OHL.

Here's video of the pick for those who want to watch (it includes an interview with Lombardi concerning his picks). It's worth noting that the Kings nearly traded for Roberto Luongo at the draft. I wonder what assets were being offered to Florida...

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote