View Single Post
Old
03-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I need to watch Subban more, but man, McDonagh is showing glimpses that he could become an almost franchise level defenseman. His ability to read the play and make the right decision is extremely good, and he's jumping up into the play at the right time more and more often. In addition to that, his one on one defense is excellent, and his overall defense is very good.

Things keeping him from being top level elite at the moment would be: he could sometimes do a little better with the puck in his own end. Mainly just that he could sometimes make a better play than sling it around the boards (not that he does that all the time), but I think that's something that will come with some time. And his shot could use improvement. Not even necessarily his slap shot, which is pretty good, but just overall getting it off, making himself more of a threat when he carries the puck into the zone or makes a move at the blueline to shake a guy and get open.

Subban already has that dynamic ability McDonagh is trying to add but probably isn't as reliable. I tend to think that Subban will always be more of a scoring threat, but they should both be great players in their own way
Agreed. I personally don't wish McDonagh to fail just because Gainey was desperate enough to give him up for... Gomez. He was one of our top young prospect and I'm glad to see that he's finally developing into the player we thought he would become.

I think that in both McDonagh and Subban's cases, they will become impact players down the line, especially that at such young age, they already have an impact on their team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
"Anchors the #2 PK"

McDonagh anchors the #2 TEAM.
So what you're saying is that the Rangers form a better team than the Habs. Way to state the obvious. Did you look at the standings before making that statement or was that just a hunch?