View Single Post
Old
02-21-2006, 06:53 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
True Blue, after reading your opinions on Marcel Hossa for 6 month I am not so sure you are gooing to stick to this opinion. I defenitly feel that Hossa have more potential and better upside then Immonen, I know that you wouldn't want us to assume that Hossa is our 2nd line RW and state that its his job to loose. You have also not been very patient with him this season.
I was fine with Hossa as our 2nd line center. Right up until the point that he scored 0 non-empty net goals in 27 games, and accumulated 3 points during that time. If Immonen was to get 0 goals & 3 points in 27 games, I would want him removed as well. It is one thing to give someone a chance, it is quite another to keep trying to draw water from a stone.

Quote:
Though I have to add that it doesn't make sense that you want Immonen given the benefit of doubt while Hossa isn't.
If Immonen was to recieve the amount of games that Hossa recieved on the 2nd line, I could not ask for more. I gave Hossa the benefit of the doubt and then he did exactly what he ALWAYS does (btw, since his 2 goal explosion against Columbus, he now has 1 point in 10 games) and that is completely disappear.
Giving Immonen the same chance that Hossa recieved is all I am asking for.
And is such a chance is given and squandered the way Hossa has his, I will be too glad to come on here and eat a good helping of crow and admit that Immonen is not a 2nd line player. But he needs to be given the chance to show it.