View Single Post
Old
02-21-2006, 06:20 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
I guess the real question is whether the fans expectations

are matched by the team's management. Looking at this realistically there really hasn't been a reason to call him up. Forget projections and expectations of this team and look at what has been accomplished and there truly isn't a reason to disrupt the continuity that this team has found. In year's past we screamed at all the roster churn, now we don't have roster churn, we have stability and we want change really for the sake of change.

This dilemma is a barometer of how quickly the organization has changed in such a short period of time (not really this has been going on for the past 3 years). We are now in the position to not rush people. Personally I think the thought at the start of the season may have been to add people like Immonen, Pock and Dawes as the season progressed. But, the need never really presented itself due to the better than expected play of Lundqvist, Prucha, Moore, Ward, Tyutin, etc and the UFAs we signed. I think if a long term injurt had presented itself some of the kids would have been brought in, but again that hasn't happened (knock on wood and not the dasher in turin ).

We now can allow these guys to develop and look forward to the competition, real competition for jobs in the fall next year. For the 1st time in a long long time we will have tough choices to make, in terms of who we resign, who if anybody do we bring in as a UFA.

As far as Immonen goes he kind of reminds me of a poor man's ULf Nilsson. I just don't think he's as slick as Ulfie was. My biggest fear is that he may be shipped out in a draft day deal to get someone like Jordan Staal.