View Single Post
Old
02-21-2006, 08:07 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
All are assests, especially the vets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I could care less about Rachunek. But the signing of Rozsival will end any hope of either Pock or Lampman playing here. Want to tell me that Lampman is no big loss? Ok, I will not put up a fight. But I do not want to simpy allow Poti to walk away without as much as giving him a chance. But that, I fear, is exactly what is going to occur if Rozsival is resigned and a UFA defenseman is brought in.

I agree with you on this as well. But again, what that represents is that neither Baranka nor Sauer will be given an opportunity until 3 years from now. Kasper and Malik will be here for another 2 years. Signing Rozsival will ensure that no other rookie defensemen besides Staal will be given a shot until some vets contract expires 3 years from now. And this is not just Baranka and Suaer, but the likes of Taylor and Liffiton as well.
At the appropriate time you trade the vets for a pick(s). You bring in the kid now that he is ready. You replenish your system. I may be wrong, but I think that there is always a sucker out there willing to pay a premium for a veteran dman, especially if one of his has gone down.