View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 05:50 AM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
Hey guys, I help organize a Midget 'AAA' hockey tournament here in Canada and we just had the Latvia Bauer Selects team (all 1996 birth years)

anyways, as someone that has a pretty good knowledge of Minor Midget here in Ontario I know that a lot of these kids would be easy OHl draft picks this year.

I'm just wondering if the 96 age group in Latvia is considered a good one? Their best player was a kid with the last name Zembergs. What an unbelievable talent he is. I wonder if he'll be on your World Jr team one day
It's too early to tell, but in general every age group from 94 onwards looks quite superior to pre-94 age groups. Junior hockey in Latvia doesn't get nowhere near so much attention as in Canada, local competition is chaotic and it's pretty impossible to follow it, few players are playing abroad already so as you see there's no clear measuring stick for these kids until they haven't played Internationally yet.

First time I hear about such team as Bauer Selects, could you tell me a bit how this roster was assembled, was it advertised as a Latvian national team? From quick glance it really looks like a "selects" roster.

Lastly if Davis Zembergs is such an unbelievable talant he will of course one day play in WJC.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote