Thread: Speculation: #1C no longer a top priority?
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 06:51 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

vCash: 500
Dear Anaheim(LA), You've had a rough year and probably are thinking you need a bit of a culure change. Well, we would like to offer you a hell of a deal to restock your team for the future. It will include 2 firsts, a top defensive prospect and a salary even outer that is having an off year but is a still in his prime 5 time 65+ point producer. All that we want is Mr Getzlaf (Kopitar). Should I send the paperwork over?

On a serious side, if that wasn't enough, it would be enough to get the conversation started. Maybe add a guy like Gerbe to seal the deal.

As for the 1c question, our money is on the wings, it's how we built the team. I don't think a 1c is needed to be a contender. I do think a in his prime, or just about to hit his prime shutdown guy (Hanzal or J Staal) is the type we do need. So the question I would ask, would you do the 2 firsts, Roy and Pysk for Hanzal? Yes, I know, quite the overpayment but that gives us Ennis, CoHo and Hanzal down the middle for the foreseeable future, just as deep as any team nit named Pittsburgh (sure, mostly saying on potential)

I don't need that super center with 63 & 19 on the team, they have the skills to both be atleast top 6 centers and our wing depth makes them legit top 6 centers so unless we do my 'dear anaheim' trade, a shutdown center is what this team needs.

I also would have no problem if the team decided to do what it takes to trade up for one of the top 2 centers in this draft, if they thought they are going to be franchise centers. No problem with that.

Also, please stop with the Gaustad love. If anything, the last month has proved how he hindered this team and Ruffs handling of his playing time. He was too slow and has zero offensive talent. He should never be brought back. His presence alone hurt this team. Essentially, it was him out, 19 in and all of a sudden the team is able to roll 3 even lines. That's all you need to know. Ruff utilized him way too much, counted in hmm way too much. I'll take 3 years ago Gaustad but he's a different player now, good riddance!

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote