View Single Post
Old
11-17-2003, 05:35 PM
discostu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Benjamin
I don't know anything. Neither do you.
Well, you don't know anything, but it hasn't stopped you from spouting off on the subject. Either you accept your premise that we know absolutely nothing, or you can try and to analyze the information that is given to remove bias, and determine what we can interpret from that. If you don't want to do that, fine, but then don't jump in halfway through.

You claim that you, or any other fan, cannot know what the owners will be willing to accept or not, yet you claim that they won't accept revenue sharing.

You claim that you, or any other fan, cannot know what the owner's are making or losing, yet you claim that they must be making money.

Don't you think it's a little hypocritical?

As for why I'm willing to work with the information given, well, that's what I choose to do. I know I'm not working with perfect information. No one is ever working with perfect information, even the people making the decisions on the matter. I'm used to it. I've been in many situations where I'm forced to make decisions, or form opinions based on imperfect information. It's a challenge, but I'm willing to do it. Is it possible that I'm wrong, sure, but unless you are also willing to analyze the information given, you have no right to question the specifics. If you don't want to sift through the information, and make form your opinions from it because it is too challenging, then don't. It's your choice.

Quote:
As I've told you before I don't care what the owners say about losing money and I don't care what the players make. I do care about the game, what it takes to build a winner, and I do care about having great teams in the NHL.

I don't like the way the owners want to change the game. I don't like the way they have changed the game in the past and if we give them a chance they will really screw it up.

That is a legitimate fan interest, one that I wish would become part of the discussion. As long as it is stupid arguments about who is making how much money the impact of the CBA on the game - not on the league, not the players, not the owners - is ignored.
I hate to break it to you, but the game and it's finances are completely intertwined. If you're not interested in these discussions, feel free to not participate. I care about what type of settlement is reached between both sides for several reasons. One, is that the sooner it gets done, the less hockey I'll miss via a lockout. The other, is the reason you mentioned. It will impact the way that the game will be played. I hold a different opinion than you, since I feel that some of the changes that will come about have the ability to improve the game.

I also care about the business side because it interests me. That in itself is enough justification. I also enjoy Roman History and Thai food, but I don't ever need to justify those interests. I have no idea why this is an issue for you. If you don't find it interesting, don't participate. If you truly don't care about the business side of the game, then I would start reconsidering why you are spending time reading about it on a message board.

Quote:
I don't think you understand my arguments or opinions.
Don't worry, the feeling is mutual.