Thread: Mitchell
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
lbrowne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Last night, he was along the boards. Had Staal wide open with a clear shooting lane. Instead, he holds onto the puck for an hour, and only passes it to Staal once the Winnipeg winger already covered him. Just one example of his stupidity with the puck.
I usually give players the benefit of the doubt but he's after doing this enough here and there over the last few games and it's now drove me bonkers. I actually yelled at the TV last night on that exact play.

People can hate Avery all they want, he would have made that pass. Along with 95% of other NHL players.

Not sure if people got a short memory either but Avery was really strong down low and on the half boards in the offensive zone. But I admit defensively Mitchell is better.

As much as I liked Avery on the team I'm not clamoring to get him back at the expense of Mitchell - but Torts really needs to sit him down and replay the tape over and over of missed play to Staal last night and recently the missed play to a pinching Del Zotto. There's been a couple others too. All in the last stretch of games.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote