View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
We've fell short in so many games this year by one goal. I think we have the most one goal games this year in the league. So a guy like parise would provide us with a lil more offence and help us even out that deficit. Or we can add Suter who would prevent goals from going in. I think if we get at least one of them we could see ourselves much higher in the standings
We probably have a better shot at Parise than we do Suter. Having played with Johnson and Stastny before, having a big need at wing that he could fill, he would have a big leadership role right away, enough cap space to offer him 7+ and still have room, a current system that could fit his style of play well, opportunity to play on a line with Stastny or Duchene, etc. There are a lot of positives to Parise signing here. I don't think we have much of a shot with Suter unless Suter and Parise do a package deal sort of thing.

I think the Avs will look at the scoring issues as something of a byproduct from Duchene having a bad year and something a fully healthy Mueller can help solve. I don't agree, but I don't see much happening that would bring in a top 6 forward.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote