View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 10:45 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
AAAAAAAND Bob Miller just chanted "Go Ducks Go" on live TV. Hell has now turned in to Winnipeg (or is it vice versa?)
Hell isn't in Winnipeg anymore. We got the Jets. Hell has relocated to Columbus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pRisly View Post
yeah!! go anaheim.
is this allowed
Until the end of this season, yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Amazing that Quick just set a Kings record with 9 shutouts in a season. Goes to show you just how bad LA's goaltending has been throughout its history that he broke a record held by Rogie Vachon since 1977.
In the last 50 years, there has only been 18 times where a goalie has reached 10 shutouts in a season (one more than Quick has this year). Of those 18, Broduer has four of them and Dominik Hasek, Tony Esposito, Henrik Lundqvist and Bernie Parent each have two. In total, only 11 goalies in the past 50 years have reached 10 shutouts and Quick could do that before the end of the season.

The Kings goaltending history is pretty pitiful, I agree, but there's nothing sad about the fact Quick broke the Kings shutout record. Most teams likely don't have a record as high as Vochan's was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
While we're playing Edmonton twice and Minnesota the Sharks have got Dallas twice and Phoenix. I guess we decide who to root for on a game by game basis. Let's just hope they all end in regulation.
I know already I'm rooting for Phoenix against San Jose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
good result, but against a team that LA should beat 7 or 8 times out of 10. to me then it was LA doing what it should do against a team like CAL. the same is true of EDM and MIN. the Kings need to get away from always struggling against teams like these.
The weaker teams just never get the credit they deserve. Calgary had a bad game tonight, but they aren't a team we should beat 7-8 times out of 10. LA isn't the best team in the league by any stretch, so if that were true for LA, it would also be true for about a dozen other teams when they play teams like the Flames, Oilers, etc. Those teams are a lot better than you give them credit for, and there's a reason why the Oilers have 31 wins while the Flames, had they beat us last night in regulation, would have actually passed us in the standings.

No game is easy and few have been since the days of the early 90's with the pitiful Nordiques and expansion teams like San Jose and Ottawa. Every team brings it night in and night out most times and there's a reason why the NHL has seen 275 games, or 22.35 per cent of all games, go into overtime or a shootout. That's almost one in every four games reaches extra time. The three teams you mentioned have reached extra time a combined 55 times this year, including 20 for the Flames. The only reason Calgary isn't kicking our ass in the standings right now is because they are 5-15 in overtime/shootouts. If they had even gone .500, that'd be an extra five points and a playoff spot.

As for the game, glad to see LA come out and dominate like that. We didn't NEED that game, but we'd really have had our work cut out if we'd lost it. Instead, we played a smart game, like I thought we would. The team buried it's chances and contained the Flames, who were having an off game it seems. Hopefully the peddle stays down for the Oilers and Wild, who've we've had trouble with in the past.

I love posting in the PGT's when we win. There's so many fewer posts to read through. I guess the Kings aren't "not trying", "disgusting", "horrible", "should just blow this team up and start over" etc. like they are every time we lose. Funny that many of the usual sour apples always seem to have something else to do on the days we win. If that's the case, I hope those people get REALLY busy at work/home in the next months.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote