View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Lebanese Leaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Question for you guys. Would you do it if they made it the leafs first in 2013 with the other 2 pieces mentioned? The leafs would have to send one of it's bad contracts their way for sure to make it plausible though. So say the package was Kadri, Gardiner, Connolly and TO 2013 1st for Nash. Would leafs fans be more inclined to make the trade?
Take out Gardiner for Franson, Kadri for Ashton/Colborne, and I would consider it.

There currently is no other player in the entire organization with Kadri's skill-set to look forward to. Its not a matter of trading this guys point totals for another guy's point totals, you can't say "Kadri will never be a 40G PWF." That's not the point, you must look at players as pieces to a team. Without Kadri, there is no one else to replace him with those hands and vision to go with that edge he plays with.

The way I see it, is the upgrade from Lupul to Nash, taking salary into account, worth all that? That's how it must be looked at. And when considering this team's strengths/weaknesses, its an easy no from me.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote