View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 12:45 PM
hockeymass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
I know how different companies are when it comes to sizing so this may not be a easily answerable question but I'll ask anyway.

My current skates are old bauer vapor xx, size 9. I am looking to get new skates and after reading this I am looking at getting easton s17, possibly used or off ebay.

My question is does anyone know what size 9 in vapors compares to in the easton skates?

Chances are I will wait till I go home for summer so I can support the local place back home since I know the owners, but I was just wondering if anyone knew. Thanks for any input.
The easy answer is to just spit numbers off the chart at you. According to the chart, a Bauer 9 is equivalent to an Easton 9. The real answer is that there are a LOT of factors in play, and you really can't make an accurate judgement unless you try them on. Even different models from the same manufacturer can fit differently. My old skates are CCM Pro Tacks, size 9D. My new skates are CCM U+ 06s, size 8.5D. Both fit great front to back with good heel lock. According to the chart, based on my shoe size, I should be in a size 10 skate.

You really can't know without trying on.