View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I like Murray a lot, have him probably the top defender and most NHL ready. But Dumba is intriguing too, more offensive and harder hitting.

I read a profile on Murray today (check the Prospects section) where he was constantly referred to as a guy who could contribute a lot more offense but holds himself back and passes off to the forwards. He thinks defense first as that was ingrained in his head by coaches.

What worries me is that he will stagnate offensively and become another Nick Schultz. Schultz had good offensive in juniors and upside but was coached to be defensive minded, and then he didn't produce at all in the NHL. Plus Murray stalled out offensively this year, which is a little disappointing.

I'd just hate to draft another Nick Schultz at 4th overall.

Meanwhile Dumba doubled his offense this year while being a physical force. I just think if you combine that kind of player with Brodin, an agile and efficient puck mover who thinks the game very well, you have a great versatile top pairing. And we do have Gilbert and Scandella to play the second pair.