View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 01:49 PM
electricjib

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I am not sure that Duchene is happy and after last night I can understand why he may be upset. I thought he played better, but he still was essentially benched down the stretch of the game.

It would be one thing if the other forwards were producing goals, but they are not, and the argument that they are creating more chances only goes so far.

Management may have to intercede in this situation if the relationship continues to decline. People are bashing Duchene, but that wasn't the case two to three months ago before he was injured. At that point it was Stastny that was the board whipping boy, which is merely an illustration of the fickle nature of this board at times.

People that are advocating any trade of Duchene fail to realize that it is unlikely we will get a fair return. As far as trading both Duchene and Statsny, in what universe could that actually take place?

If we are getting into a situation that where Sacco has issues with every single skill player that is not a grinder by nature, it seems like the organization may have issues going forward. If the plan is to reduce our skill level and simply play a defensive oriented, mucking and grinding style, that would represent a 180 degree shift in philosophy from Pierre Lacroix's vision.
This may just be me, but I don't think he's totally getting benched. I think he's hurt. Notice poor play by Mueller as well and he kept playing. Maybe there is a reason by the 3rd period his time gets shortened, maybe it's a mix between pain and contribution.

It's clear he is hurt, and maybe Sacco knows that so he puts someone else out there who can bring more than someone who is injured.

Just a thought.