Old
03-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Exactly what I was just thinking.

Let him serve as the team's top tank commander for the remainder of the season and then let him walk on July 1st. There's no point in risking the mental health of either Rynnas or Scrivens when both of them can still help the Marlies with their play-off aspirations.

I also think that a couple posters on the first page are being just a tad harsh. Granted, Gustavsson has had some pretty ****** performances this season, but he has also had some pretty good performances as well. His probelms this season were clearly a lack of consistency combined with being repeatedly hung out to dry by the rest of the team far too often. It wouldn't surprise me if Gustavsson's head had been messed with by Allaire just as badly as Reimer's head has been messed with. That alone could easily screw up any relatively young and inexperienced goaltender.

Don't get me wrong here; I DON'T want Gustavsson re-signed. I'm merely saying that he's not even close to being "****ing putrid", as a previous poster has claimed.
Reimer was having success playing Allaires systems last year, I don't think Alliaire is the problem. It's likely a combination of sophomore slump and concussion (that he may have been still dealing with) that's factored into his play this year. Not the only 1st year goaltender to have him struggle and his stats go down the next year. I'm not sure if he'll rebound but I don't think he's as bad as he's shown this season. Guys' like Price, Quick, etc went through the same thing.