View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
John Tortorella and the Rangers youth

Chris Botta wrote a really good article on John Tortorella and the Rangers young players

Quote:
Young players have been known to wilt under the firm hand and raspy voice of a taskmaster like Tortorella. But McDonagh, who is in the top 10 in the N.H.L. at plus-26 and whose average ice time of 24 minutes 54 seconds is behind only Dan Girardi’s on the Rangers, embraces the direct approach.

“If there’s something on the coaches’ minds, I want to know about it,” McDonagh said. “I can handle it and so can every player on our team. The way our coaches don’t let anything slide, I think it’s one of the biggest reasons why you’re seeing so many players develop and why we’ve won our share of games this season.”
Quote:
“Look around our locker room,” said Michael Del Zotto, who has emerged as a top-four defenseman in his third pro season. “It starts with our captain, Ryan Callahan, and continues with Marc Staal on defense and so many of our core players. They either came through our minor league system or were taught by John Tortorella and the coaches here.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/sp...-nytimessports

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote