View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Island Husky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchiness View Post
It makes one wonder if the CIS will ever begin investigating recruiting like the NCAA does. Credit must be given to MacDougall and co. for their recruiting means, however, upon hearing the rumblings by former players that they are receiving money to play, and the fact that UNB continues to have amazing recruits year in and year out, it leads one to being suspicious. The idea that a student-hockey player has a 'job' an is being $500 to turn off the lights at the gym is quite ludicrous and would sure be unacceptable if true.
Uh...what is the "It" that makes "one wonder"?, did I miss something here? A student athlete is entitled to work at the university as well, that is above board in addition to the articles Foyle mentioned. In my time, they filled out casual employment forms, as employees of the university. These were for jobs in the gym, front desk, even the team equipment guys. Furthermore, I fail to see why someone would be "rumbling" about earning money at university, unless rumbling means something other than what I understand. You're either crediting MacDougall or accusing him of recruiting malfeasance, which is it? No, it cannot be both.

Quote:
Sit down with guys who have been through the system. Notable players.
Lastly, these two, and a few others on here have seen 1000 players through not only UNB, but the conference, no need for them to hear it from anyone.