UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 2)
View Single Post
03-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB
Update from the Senior's Banquet
- Bailey should be in the lineup tomorrow when the Amerks play the Marlies. His fiance Kati was there tonight to receive his jersey and Roger Shannon read Kyle's farewell speech.
- Harty's mother Joan was there to receive his jersey and for recognition of his awards this season. Roger read his goodbye.
- Jeff Lee had a deal lined up in Texas in the Central Hockey League, but it fell apart because he played a couple of pro games between Junior and showing up at UNB. Minor pro teams can apparently only add true rookies this time of year. He expects to be in Texas in the fall.
- Bretton Stamler gave a very emotional speech, from the heart, which was surprising considering how normally he is so controlled. Bretton did have a deal lined up in Colorado, but his agent jumped the gun. St. John's (?) sent some guys down on two-way AHL-ECHL contracts and he lost his spot.As Bretton said, he's learning very quickly how slimey the pro game can be. He'll find a job somewhere, or as he says almost anywhere because he desperately wants to play the pro game and start proving himself.
- Luke Lynes was probably the longest speech, which is not surprising. Pretty funny too. He's done, although he joked that he had a year of eligibility left, so was Gardiner trying to send him a message by having him speak at Senior's night ...
- Luke Gallant was as emotional as you could expect. He's still sorry how everything ended last week. He and Christine are getting married in 99 days, and that and finishing the school year are what he's focused on right now.
- Jordan Clendenning and Dion Campbell did NOT speak as they're both hoping to be back for their 5th year - Jordan if he can get into MBA program and Dion if he can get into Education.
Forgot. Calvin Watson was there tonight. He and his family made the trip out to Fredericton for the first time since he graduated, and were at Nationals. Gardiner had him present Stamler's #24 since they shared that number. Nice touch.
Last edited by FreddtFoyle: 03-29-2012 at
. Reason: Watson
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by FreddtFoyle