View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheGooners

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
As much as I dislike ctv covering sports. These are the type of questions that should embarrass the players and light a freakin fire under their butt.
I'm sure inside their locker room they've had multiple guys stand up and say enough is enough but as soon as the crap hits the fan everyone is dodging any kind of leadership and accountability for these loses. We need people who lead by example, the Leafs don't need cheerleaders or players giving pep talks or turning up radios.

I for one am happy about getting a top pick this draft but this one draft pick won't change the team from bad to good overnight. I'm still scared that this mentally weak team just won't rid themselves of that losing mentality.

P.S. Phaneuf is not the problem. I hope he's a Leaf till he retires.
What has he done to deserve such high praise? Just wondering.

He's a fraction of how he was his first two seasons with Calgary. He was lightning quick on his skates and his shot would give goalies fits. I haven't seen anything like that since his time in Toronto. He would throw thunderous checks that would dictate the course of the game and those are too few to count now. He's merely a fraction of how he was before which makes him overpaid IMO. Can't stand his interviews either.