View Single Post
Old
03-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
The Caps certainly have the potential to offensively explode in the postseason. But truth be told, the Sabres have been THE hottest team over the last 19 games, with a 14-2-3 record. Yes, that is even better than the Pens (14-4-1). Caps have played at a more down-to-Earth clip at 10-6-3.

In those last 19 games, Buffalo has held teams to 2 goals or fewer 11 times. Bottom line is that other than the Blues, the Sabes have been playing the best defense over the last month. If the Richards-Gabby-Hags line still provides offense on a sporadic basis come playoff time,.... I think Ryan Miller might be a threat to stonewall us in the 1st round.

Matchup-wise, I think the two toughest teams for the Rangers in the East are the Pens and the Sabres, by far. The Flyers could be a serious threat, IF Bryzgalov is able to rebound successfully from his foot injury. If not, then Philly falls in with the likes of the Caps and Debbies.

With all that said,.... it's a no-brainer as to who plays. Hank all the way until we clinch the first seed.
To be fair, Buffalo has been playing well because Miller is playing like a man possessed. Buffalo's defense is still mediocre. They are a team that is riding Miller, I don't think that is going to last down the stretch.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote