View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think a guy that would be worth the risk if well surrounded is Semin. He had some great years in Washington but seems to have fallen out of favor the last few years. He is the most skilled player on the UFA market and could put up 80-90 points with a lethal PP and pretty good linemates, plus I'm sure having him would help Plekanec's production(vs playing with White Moen Darche etc) by 15-20 points. I think he is a guy that you sign for 2-3 years at around 6 mil(Rather than 5 years at 5 mil) to minimize the risk.

I think possibly adding a guy like Pahlsson or Gaustad(though he will probably be overpriced)could be good, to take some defensive responsibility off Plekanec(which in turn will help score more goals).

On defense I think we need a better mix of offense and stay at home guys. I think a guy like Grossman for 4 years at 3.5-3.8/year would be a solid addition. Jackman Allen and a few others fit in this mold. Better to pay a bit more for a guy that can play 20-22 minutes vs a 16-18 minute guy like O'brien or Hannan.

Those moves can pretty easily be done by waiving Gomez or trading him if we can find a partner.
Semin is nowhere close to as talented as Ray Whitney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
We don't need a Wideman we need another stay at home d-man with Gorges and Emelin.
So if Wideman showed interest in Montreal you'd just hang up?

That's ridiculous. If you are worried about that, you find a way to make him fit and sign a stay-at-home guy afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I know, but I don't like him one bit, he makes Mike Green look like Adam Foote with his soft play. Someone will overpay for him and regert it afterwards, I just hope it won't be our new GM.
Maybe I just see the wrong games then because I'd never have classified Wideman as soft.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote