View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 07:44 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
Luckily GMs vote on the Vezina, so east coast bias isn't really a factor (at I don't think so), but I kind of feel that Lundqvist will win it because of reputation and being a finalist 3(?) other times if their stats stay as close as they are. If both continue their recent play though, Quick's numbers should be better enough that he gets it.

I will definitely be complaing about east coast bias if isn't Quick at least a finalist for the Hart if we make the playoffs.
I can't remember what season it was (I think it was 2004) Roberto Luongo set NHL records for shots faced and saves made, and led the league in save % and ended up losing the Vezina to Martin Broduer. Quick to me is at that point right now where he has to have significantly better numbers than Hank to beat him in any voting to overcome the known guy votes. To me the guys in the running should be Hank, Quick, and one of Rinne, Smith, Howard, Elliot or Halak... But I wouldn't be shocked at all if Quick gets left off the list due to not playing in a major market (see why Howard may get votes) and playing on the west coast (also why I can't see Smith getting votes despite him having a very good season in PHX but gets votes for playing for a darling team,) Rinne, Elliot, and Halak all benefit from playing in the Central (the one division in the West any one in the East actually cares about) and Elliot and Halak especially benefit because they are the main guys on this years cinderella story team in the Blues.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote