View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 08:30 AM
the

vCash: 500
When I think about uncle Bob all I remember is the 2008-2009 season.I remember looking at this team on paper and thinking that Gainey had done it,he delivered what he promised and we had a bright future ahead of us.I was always the first in line to scream in Bob we trust.

We had a stacked team and I could finally feel the cup coming home,the pressure and expectation was high and even if he made some small mistakes before...Bob Gainey was the man. I was a huge fan of him,almost every move he was making made sense to me.

After the all-star break,I was starting to lose my trust and uncle Bob was starting to worry me a bit with his decisions.A lot of the things he was doing towards the end of that season wasn't making any sense and sure enough we got destroyed by Boston in 4 games.

Honestly,I never recovered from that season and the nightmare of the summer 09 .I was starrting to see Bob's true face by not only kicking my childhood hero in Saku Koivu out of this team but destroying that whole 2008-2009 team and replacing them by overrated players.The anger out of me watching these players sucking up to the crowd still makes me angry.Heck all they said was je suis Gionta,je suis Cammalleri,je suis Gill and they were already better then the old washed up Habs we had before.

Uncle Bob was doing a incredible job but toward the end of that 08-09 season it just seemed like he was on drugs and it sure showed during that summer.

the is offline   Reply With Quote