View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 09:41 AM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
I thought the players handled the situation well. Kudos to Gus especially. The way he approached Gus in that interview was deserving of a clock in the face. These are guys are professional athletes but when they step into a room full of media, it's fair that they expect to be surrounded with other professionals. There's nothing wrong with asking tough questions but I'm not going to condone any 'professional' that does his job like that.

I particularly didn't like most of the questions and who he asked them to. Why is Jake Gardiner being harassed for explanations when he's a rookie on the team? On the short list of what have been bright spots to this season, Gardiner sits at the very top. Why are you talking to Luke Schenn about ticket prices? Why would you try to ask any one individual player to shoulder all of the blame for what's happened? No one player is to blame. I haven't seen any player throw his teammate under the bus. I haven't seen any player point fingers at the staff. I've seen players who have said that everyone needs to be better, including themselves. What's wrong with that? Why are people redefining accountability to mean 'it's all my fault'?

And above all else, why would you ask players to explain how things went so wrong? It's an obvious question but a wasted one. If they understood it themselves don't you think they would've fixed it? It's very obvious that they don't know what happened and even more clear that right now they simply don't know what to do to make it better. If you want to try and understand what went wrong, you need to go ask the people who assessed and assembled the team.
The problem is, no one is taking the blame. They are just saying we started losing basically because we aren't winning. There's a reason we are losing and it's cause this team just gave up. It's very obvious that some one needs to take the blame. Management shouldn't receive the blame when at the beginning of the year, this was a playoff team. There's only one place to point the blame when a team has a collapse like this and that's the players.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote