View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 03:07 PM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
If it makes people happy, the ownership of the Jets is carrying on the Dan Snyder Memorial Trophy and Dan's family will be in Winnipeg for the on-ice presentation. Both sides (The Snyder Family and Jets organization) wanted this and I think it's great that it's being carried on.

Other than that, and please don't take this as me being ignorant, but what the hell else was Winnipeg suppose to carry on from the Atlanta Thrashers? It was an unfortunate situation for some but it is what it is and we all must move on.

I spent a lot of my years here on this board and as a Carolina Hurricanes fan, and as a Canadian myself, I was a big fan and supporter of a "Southern team". I understand the hate and the mentality that goes on between Canada/Southern USA, but it is unnecessary, I think, and it goes both ways. It's petty.

I also understand the Canadian media does it's fair share of pumping the "mighty Canada" compared to the "Southern USA" and what some classify as traditional and non-traditional hockey markets, it can be ridiculous, but that is the media. To hate on a fanbase or team, organization, Country, etc. because of the media? To each their own, but I tend to hate the ****ing media and would much rather walk to the beat of my own drum than have the media form my conclusions and give me something to be pissy about or hate something for.

Same goes for fans that come off as idiots. You'll find them everywhere. You may see a wpgjetsnfan2011 (I don't even know if this is a member here, I made it up) who comes to your board and is a complete classless moron, yet we've never once seen him on the Jets board. It's a shame that the bad apples and immature idiots can ruin an entire fan boards reputation, and it happens to all boards. But I suppose it is what it is. I can guarantee you though that on the Jets board there is no "hate" on Southern teams.

Of course, this is all pointless of me to say, really. What's it going to change? likely nothing. I personally HATE the line or arrogance that seems to divide hockey fans (Canadian, American, Southern, traditional and non-traditional)... it's pointless to me. Utter garbage. If you love the game, you love the game. If you're a fan, you're a fan. I don't care where you live or where you come from. If you're a fan or have an interest in the game, i'd personally love to talk with you and would treat you no different than any other fan.

Anyway, I hope you's are all doing well. Best of luck and hopefully our two teams can play some meaningful games next year.
Agreed. Every team has some good and bad fans. The sad thing is that the bad ones usually take the attention away from the good ones. Personally I don't hold anything against the Jets from moving. I mean it obviously wasn't working as well as a team in Winnipeg could.

Very well put about the division of hockey fans. I've met great fans from just about anywhere.

I like that the Jets organization is continuing the Dan Snyder award. That's really nice

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote