View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
With a full staff and a coaching staff which was on board with the use of micro stats, I could see a great value rendered in adjustments of individual's playing styles. i.e. player x takes 40% of his shots from outside a certain area and these shots result in 2% of his points and 20 % of those shots were blocked and resulted in turnovers. Player x's playing strategy could be altered accordingly to take higher percentage actions. I don't believe that microstats are this highly specific at this point and probably couldn't be just due to the vast quantity of information which more individual team specific stats would require.

I would think that an owner like Molson might be ripe for an experiment along these lines. He's young and very wealthy and the team is highly profitable. The new GM, if so inclined on the notion of pursuing micro stats at a high level, should hit Molson up on this idea right after Gomez is bought out. The cost will be peanuts by comparison.
that you can actually do with play-by-play data, given you adjust for certain arenas like MSG

you can get the spot where a player made his shot, shot type (slap shot, wrister ...), whether it was blocked or missed the net and wheter it hit the net.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote