View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Caustic

vCash: 500
Canucks fan here. I can't see our GM (Mike Gillis) making a trade which involves Connelly. We simply don't need a player like him... which is why we gave up Hodgson.

We also don't need draft picks in return. Vancouver's window is right now... not 3-5 years from now.

Gillis will be looking for a good defenseman, or a strong but talented winger to play on one of our top two lines. Think along the lines Malone or a player like him.

Unless the return was amazing, I also don't see us giving up Hansen. He's an ideal prototypical 3rd line winger for us.

I think many on the Canucks website are overestimating the return we could get for Schneider, but many are UNDERestimating his potential return in this thread. Schneider brings intangibles to the game that few who do not see him regularly notice. He's super calm under pressure, and always a classy and devoted player. He also has many years to improve his game - and you can expect him to be in the top 5 goalies in the NHL for many years to come, imo. Finally, he isn't going to be due for a raise up to his playing level for this contract round. Expect him to sign for somewhere around 3-3.5 million, which would be an amazing value for a player of his caliber.

I don't think other GMs are blind to what Schneider brings to the table - and I think the return could be very healthy indeed. I'm just not sure Tampa (as much as you guys need a good goalie) is an ideal trading partner.

Unless you're willing to give up Hedman.

Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote