View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 04:33 PM
ltrangerfan

vCash: 500
I'm not sure why anyone is upset with brokers? Everyone can approach the garden, put in for a season ticket and therefore are entitled to every game for face value.

I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. Some years tickets were difficult to move. I took losses on many games I failed to attend (resold tix) and moved on. During the lean years who was complaining that tickets were hard to come by? If the Rangers were knocked from a playoff birth with a couple weeks to go before season's end, how much was the resale market offering tickets for?

As I ponder my own situation, with sharply higher prices starting next season, I am wondering whether buying a ST is worthwhile? Without the tickets, I would not have to work on resales. I wouldn't have to worry about ticket prices collapsing based on the teams performance. I could relax and buy many games at prices below face. Premium games deserve premium prices. I would pay up should I choose to attend those games. I certainly wouldn't renew if Playoff tickets weren't included in the package. I would simply buy tickets from those who wanted to sustain losses during the lean years. In those years, Ticket brokers are badly needed especially since many of today's ticket buyers disappear.

Last edited by ltrangerfan: 03-30-2012 at 04:40 PM.