Thread: OT: Hockey on the Boards
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 06:36 PM
wahsnairb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I don't play and never have, but I think this is a great idea for a thread. I'll be very interested to read about the levels of experience that posters have in their backgrounds. The hockey knowledge displayed here is impressive and I've often wondered how much of it was gained through actual participation.

I can start it off since no one else has.

I played roller growing up for the Columbus Bandits and then I played high school ice hockey for Olentangy and quit playing in 2004 when I graduated because of some serious injuries playing lacrosse that year. This past year I got back out on the ice for the first time since my girlfriend and many of my friends play at various levels for Ohio State. As I have mentioned before, I help coach the ASHA/CCYHA Special Needs Jackets hockey team here in Columbus and am in the process of getting my USA Hockey Coaching Certification to coach other youngsters as well.

As far as playing right now, I will be playing C League this upcoming CAHL summer session with girls from the OSU varsity and club teams (we are "Stacked Like Pancakes" if anyone has to play against us). We should be in B or C East (and Martin still may put us there ), but we are embracing the beer aspect of beer league. We/I also will be playing intramural at OSU.

EDIT - I am a winger (I prefer left and I shoot right) and I try my best to play a solid two-way game like my boyfriend Ryan Kesler so I usually am middle of the pack in points for forwards, but I make up for it defensively.

Last edited by wahsnairb: 03-30-2012 at 06:42 PM.
wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote