View Single Post
Old
02-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Wild Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrisweb
Well once again.. if he's not put on the block this year what's the chances of him resigning next year? are you confident that he will? of course you guys won't know... but managment will. and I think they will make up their minds depending on that info.

On a side note. Mitchell was/is up in Vancouver during the Olympic break house shopping! He was interviewed in one of the papers in Van. His comments were - that he would like to get something done with the wild. but that if that didn't work out the Canucks would be his second choice. Now of course I understand that players say a lot of things to the media that don't mean jack squat!

also something to keep in mind.. IMO the price for a guy like Mitchell has just gone up as Vancouver has just lost both Ohlund and Salo in the Olympics.
I actually have faith in Wild management on this one. Willie is a Lemaire guy...a poor man's Scott Stevens. They seem to be going with the guys they like, regardless of offensive talent. Willie is one of those guys...gettin' all the dirty work done. I think he skated with a confidence we havn't seen since the '03 playoffs when he wore that "C" on his jersey. He has showed what he is capable of when given the opportunity...solid and gritty play.

He should also be relatively cheap if they don't wait til the last minute and let a bidding war happen. I guess we'll know if he's here long term or not if he is signed before free agency begins.

As far as being traded there, I'd say it's still a possibility, but more like an improbability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Depends
If he signs in the offseason with Vancouver, that's what I'll need to wear everytime they match up...