View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 03:54 AM
Mike#16*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalek
3rd rounder for conroy...sure Dude
Flames might have late 2nd or early 3rd if they will just keep him until the end of the seasonand let him go as an UFA. Comrensation draft pick for 40-50pts F who will sign for more then 2.5mln will be around late 2nd rounder.
I dont think that Sutter will move Conroy unless he will get PROVEN NHLer ( not star obviously , but solid one) who is fairly young and fairly cheap.

I can see Sutter moving gauthier or even Saprykin before he will shop Conroy around (If he ever will)
Bingo! this is just the explanation why conroy will get the flames a 3rd rounder only at the deadline. this is his value for calgary if he walks away as an UFA and i doubt that he will be able to sign a contract for more than 2.5mio. i think it will be much closer to 2mio than to 2.5mio and point-wise; at the moment he is on pace for 20 points. 2mil sal., 20-30 points = 3rd rounder.
He could fech more if he is dealt right now to a team who needs to fill a hole like colorado had to with the Kono - deal but NJ is not in that situation.

Anyway, i am getting tired of being personally insulted by calgary "fans", calling me a "homer" or calling me "completely stupid" and so on...