View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Personally, I'm afraid of the Craps. Granted they aren't good in their own end at all, but when you have Ovechkin (and others like Backstrom, Semin, Green, Wideman, etc), you can break open any game. I'm also concerned that the Rangers are so young that those 'Nam frashbacks of being defeated by the Craps will haunt them.

With Buffalo, I see them as the Rangers were in the past: simply not enough fire-power to win a 7 game series.

I know they say that defense wins in the playoffs, but when you are completely lacking offensively, you can't win either. I don't see BS having the offense to beat us 4 times, whereas I can see the Craps clamping down defensively enough to make this a very tough series for us.
The Sabres have just about as much firepower as the Rangers. The Rangers top-line is slightly more dynamic and dominates at a higher level when they're hot. Other than that, they're similar, and quite honestly the way some of their young guys are playing, they have a much better secondary scoring depth overall. The good news is a lot of them are young and have very little, or zero playoff experience.